BHRC asks doctors to withdraw stir
Patna: The Bihar Human Rights Commission
(BHRC) on Thursday asked the striking junior doctors of Patna
Medical College and Hospital to withdraw the stir or face
legal action including cancellation of their registration.
BHRC Chairman Justice S N Jha said that the
Commission had already termed the strike as "illegal".
"We have issued notice to the striking junior doctors to
resume their duties... it is a criminal neglect of one`s
duties towards the society at large and failure to abide by
the notice to join by today will lead to stern legal action,"
The Commission would order registration of criminal cases
and also recommend cancellation of the registration numbers if
they fail to do so, he added.
When contacted, Patna Medical College Hospital Junior
Doctors Association Spokesman Taqi Imam said a meeting of the
medicos would be taking place this evening to review the
Commission`s order and take a firm view.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman