Big haul of explosives seized, three persons arrested
Dehri-on-Sone: A huge quantity of explosives including 2,000 gelatin sticks and 195 detonators were seized and three persons arrested from Rohtas district in Bihar, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted a raid last night in Karvandia area under Sasaram Muffasil police station in the district, Rohtas Superintendent of Police (SP) Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
The arrested persons have been identified as Anupam Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and Ramjanam Pal, all from different villages in the district.
"The three were arrested from a dilapidated house and they led us to the cache of explosive, which was hidden beneath rock boulders at Uttar Pahar in Wazirganj," the SP said.
Kushwaha said this was the seventh major seizure of explosives in Rohtas district over the last two months as part of the campaign against illegal explosives in the area.
He said such explosives are either used in illicit mining activities or for violence by Left Wing Extremists.
The explosives are procured from the neighbouring states like Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie