Big haul of explosives seized, three persons arrested
Dehri-on-Sone: A huge quantity of explosives including 2,000 gelatin sticks and 195 detonators were seized and three persons arrested from Rohtas district in Bihar, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted a raid last night in Karvandia area under Sasaram Muffasil police station in the district, Rohtas Superintendent of Police (SP) Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
The arrested persons have been identified as Anupam Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and Ramjanam Pal, all from different villages in the district.
"The three were arrested from a dilapidated house and they led us to the cache of explosive, which was hidden beneath rock boulders at Uttar Pahar in Wazirganj," the SP said.
Kushwaha said this was the seventh major seizure of explosives in Rohtas district over the last two months as part of the campaign against illegal explosives in the area.
He said such explosives are either used in illicit mining activities or for violence by Left Wing Extremists.
The explosives are procured from the neighbouring states like Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis