Bihar: 25 persons sentenced to lifer
Madhepura (Bihar): A fast track court
on Thursday sentenced 25 persons to life imprisonment and acquitted
another person in a double murder case in Bihar`s Madhepura
The fast track court judge Amrendra Sinha passed the
order convicting 25 persons to life imprisonment after finding
them guilty in the murder case of the twin brothers Virendra
Narayan Jha and Dhirendra Narayan Jha in 2004.
The court also acquitted one person of the all charges
for want of evidence against him.
According to prosecution, the family members of Sanjay
Yadav and others had mercilessly beaten the Jha brothers
following a petty dispute between the children of the two
families during a game on March 12, 2004 in Dighahi village
under Murliganj police station area.
The Yadav family members and their kins had badly
beaten the Jha duo of which Virendra Narayan Jha had died on
the spot, while his sibling succumbed to injuries in a
hospital a few days later.
A case was subsequently registered at Murliganj police
station against 26 persons charging them with the murder of
the Jha siblings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security