Bihar: 25 persons sentenced to lifer
Madhepura (Bihar): A fast track court
on Thursday sentenced 25 persons to life imprisonment and acquitted
another person in a double murder case in Bihar`s Madhepura
The fast track court judge Amrendra Sinha passed the
order convicting 25 persons to life imprisonment after finding
them guilty in the murder case of the twin brothers Virendra
Narayan Jha and Dhirendra Narayan Jha in 2004.
The court also acquitted one person of the all charges
for want of evidence against him.
According to prosecution, the family members of Sanjay
Yadav and others had mercilessly beaten the Jha brothers
following a petty dispute between the children of the two
families during a game on March 12, 2004 in Dighahi village
under Murliganj police station area.
The Yadav family members and their kins had badly
beaten the Jha duo of which Virendra Narayan Jha had died on
the spot, while his sibling succumbed to injuries in a
hospital a few days later.
A case was subsequently registered at Murliganj police
station against 26 persons charging them with the murder of
the Jha siblings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state