Bihar: 8 child labourers rescued from middleman
Purnia: Eight child labourers were on Thursday rescued by an NGO with the help of police in Bihar.
The children from Jalalgarh and Kasba police station areas were being taken to Surat when the NGO sought help from the police, the police said.
With the help of the NGO, police personnel raided a place near Zero miles in Purnia town and rescued the eight children from the clutches of a middleman.
Four persons were taken into custody in this connection, the police said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo