Bihar: Alert driver averts possible train accident
Bagaha: A day after the train disasters in
Uttar Pradesh and Assam, an alert driver averted a possible
accident of New Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapta Kranti super fast
express near Tirhut canal between Bagaha and Khairpokha
railway stations in Bihar`s West Champaran district on Monday, a
railway official said.
Bagaha Railway Station Manager Jai Kumar Prasad said the
driver of the 12558 down Sapta Kranti express saw an elevated
rod of a bridge over Tirhut canal and applied emergency brake
to stop the train.
None was injured, Prasad said.
Railway authorities deputed a group of labourers
to set right the rod within half-an-hour to ensure the train
resumed its onward journey to Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers