Bihar: Alert driver averts possible train accident
Bagaha: A day after the train disasters in
Uttar Pradesh and Assam, an alert driver averted a possible
accident of New Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapta Kranti super fast
express near Tirhut canal between Bagaha and Khairpokha
railway stations in Bihar`s West Champaran district on Monday, a
railway official said.
Bagaha Railway Station Manager Jai Kumar Prasad said the
driver of the 12558 down Sapta Kranti express saw an elevated
rod of a bridge over Tirhut canal and applied emergency brake
to stop the train.
None was injured, Prasad said.
Railway authorities deputed a group of labourers
to set right the rod within half-an-hour to ensure the train
resumed its onward journey to Muzaffarpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference