Bihar: Alert driver averts possible train accident
Bagaha: A day after the train disasters in
Uttar Pradesh and Assam, an alert driver averted a possible
accident of New Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapta Kranti super fast
express near Tirhut canal between Bagaha and Khairpokha
railway stations in Bihar`s West Champaran district on Monday, a
railway official said.
Bagaha Railway Station Manager Jai Kumar Prasad said the
driver of the 12558 down Sapta Kranti express saw an elevated
rod of a bridge over Tirhut canal and applied emergency brake
to stop the train.
None was injured, Prasad said.
Railway authorities deputed a group of labourers
to set right the rod within half-an-hour to ensure the train
resumed its onward journey to Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter