Bihar bandh called to protest Ramdev’s eviction
Patna: Bihar bandh has been called
on Tuesday by Bharat Swabhiman Samiti(BSS), yoga guru Baba
Ramdev`s apolitical outfit to protest against the midnight
police crack down on him and his supporters in New Delhi.
The bandh will be observed from dawn to afternoon and
essential services like civil supplies and movement of
ambulances carrying patients have been exempted from its
purview, state unit BSS coordinator Ajit Kumar told reporters
"We appeal to the people of Bihar to extend their all
out support to make the bandh a success," he said adding BSS
had received overwhelming support from traders` organisations
and the ruling NDA in the state.
BSS would carry on with fast and other peaceful
agitational programmes to press for various agendas of the
yoga guru, including bringing back black money stashed abroad.
It would also launch a campaign among the people on
the corruption issue, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India