Bihar bandh called to protest Ramdev’s eviction
Patna: Bihar bandh has been called
on Tuesday by Bharat Swabhiman Samiti(BSS), yoga guru Baba
Ramdev`s apolitical outfit to protest against the midnight
police crack down on him and his supporters in New Delhi.
The bandh will be observed from dawn to afternoon and
essential services like civil supplies and movement of
ambulances carrying patients have been exempted from its
purview, state unit BSS coordinator Ajit Kumar told reporters
"We appeal to the people of Bihar to extend their all
out support to make the bandh a success," he said adding BSS
had received overwhelming support from traders` organisations
and the ruling NDA in the state.
BSS would carry on with fast and other peaceful
agitational programmes to press for various agendas of the
yoga guru, including bringing back black money stashed abroad.
It would also launch a campaign among the people on
the corruption issue, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city