Bihar bandh called to protest Ramdev’s eviction
Patna: Bihar bandh has been called
on Tuesday by Bharat Swabhiman Samiti(BSS), yoga guru Baba
Ramdev`s apolitical outfit to protest against the midnight
police crack down on him and his supporters in New Delhi.
The bandh will be observed from dawn to afternoon and
essential services like civil supplies and movement of
ambulances carrying patients have been exempted from its
purview, state unit BSS coordinator Ajit Kumar told reporters
"We appeal to the people of Bihar to extend their all
out support to make the bandh a success," he said adding BSS
had received overwhelming support from traders` organisations
and the ruling NDA in the state.
BSS would carry on with fast and other peaceful
agitational programmes to press for various agendas of the
yoga guru, including bringing back black money stashed abroad.
It would also launch a campaign among the people on
the corruption issue, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah