Bihar bandh called to protest Ramdev’s eviction
Patna: Bihar bandh has been called
on Tuesday by Bharat Swabhiman Samiti(BSS), yoga guru Baba
Ramdev`s apolitical outfit to protest against the midnight
police crack down on him and his supporters in New Delhi.
The bandh will be observed from dawn to afternoon and
essential services like civil supplies and movement of
ambulances carrying patients have been exempted from its
purview, state unit BSS coordinator Ajit Kumar told reporters
"We appeal to the people of Bihar to extend their all
out support to make the bandh a success," he said adding BSS
had received overwhelming support from traders` organisations
and the ruling NDA in the state.
BSS would carry on with fast and other peaceful
agitational programmes to press for various agendas of the
yoga guru, including bringing back black money stashed abroad.
It would also launch a campaign among the people on
the corruption issue, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India