Bihar conclave to discuss challenges of change
Patna: Nearly 200 delegates, including 30 NRIs of Bihar origin, will participate in a two-day conclave here from Saturday to discuss the challenges of change in the state.
Dozens of delegates, including NRIs who have made their mark in various fields, have arrived here to discuss ways of accelerating the pace of socio-economic change in Bihar.
The conclave is organised by news portal bihartimes.com.
"We are expecting to see the participation of various people from Bihar who have proven themselves in different fields. It will be a meeting platform for the best minds from government, politics, business, art, film, activism and academia to think about change in Bihar," bihartimes.com CEO Ajay Kumar told IANS.
Kumar said a Japanese delegation will also participate in the conclave.
Makoto Kato from the Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, for instance, wishes to work for the development of Bihar and plans to survey Gaya district for underground dam construction, underground water preservation and water supply to farmers during summers.
Katsuhiko Kurosawa, a researcher from Seikei University, is interested in developing arid lands of Bihar through the development of an appropriate eco-technological approach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?