Bihar: CRPF jawan injured in encounter, Maoist held
Gaya (Bihar): A CRPF jawan was critically
injured during an encounter between security forces and armed
Maoists at Navigaarh and Pananwa Tand area in Gaya district
on Tuesday, police said.
On a tip-off, a police team assisted by CRPF personnel
surrounded the area where armed ultras had assembled, City SP
Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
Both sides exchanged several rounds of fire, he said,
adding a CRPF jawan was critically wounded in the encounter.
Police succeeded in capturing a ultra suspected to be a top
Maoists leader and seized three guns from the spot, Sanjeev
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video