Bihar junior doctors postpone strike
Patna: Junior doctors Monday night decided to postpone their call for indefinite strike till April 30 following a written assurance by the Bihar government that their demands would be looked into sympathetically.
Patna Medical College Hospital Junior Doctor representative Dr R Ranjan said an 80-member delegation of the doctors called on state Health Department Principal Secretary Amarjeet Sinha.
Ranjan claimed that during the meeting Sinha promised state health officials would study allowances and stipends being paid in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal and others and the state would ensure that the
allowances were hiked with effect from April 1.
Ranjan said, "We have decided to postpone the strike called from this midnight till April 30" as the delegation was satisfied with the deliberations with the health department Principal Secretary.
Earlier Health Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey said the strike called by junior doctors was "not in the interests of people" as the state government had taken their demand for raising monthly stipends "very seriously" and appealed to the junior doctors to end the strike in larger interests of public.
On his reported statement at a function on Saturday that "we also know about taking stern action... We also know how to chop off hands...", the minister claimed "my statement had been distorted and wrongly placed... it has created
confusions as the government is the protector and would also honour the interests of the medicos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!