Bihar: Maoist camp destroyed; arms, ammunition seized
Munger: In a joint operation, security forces destroyed a training camp and seized arms and explosives from a Maoist hideout in Bhimbandh Sanctuary spread over Bihar`s Munger, Lakhisarai and Jamui districts.
The CRPF, STF and police of Munger, Lakhisarai and Jamui districts launched a joint combing operation to flush out hardcore ultras in Bhimbandh Sanctuary three days ago, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Munger Range, Anil Kishore Yadav said today.
The forces destroyed a Maoist training camp deep in the forests, Yadav said.
A haul of explosives used for planting landmines, related equipment, a pistol, 20 ammunition of rifle and pistol, besides uniforms, were recovered from the Naxal hideout, he said.
The combing operation was still on, he said.
No arrest has been made as yet, the DIG said, adding that he was personally monitoring the combing operation against the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II