Bihar: One electrocuted, 3 injured in electric wire snapping
Purnia: A man was electrocuted and three others sustained burn injuries today after an electric wire snapped and fell into a pool of water in a village in Bihar`s Purnia district, a police official said.
The mishap occured at Rajghat village as an 11,000 high voltage electric wire snapped and fell in a pool of water trapping four persons, one of whom was electrocuted while three others sustained burn injuries, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Kim said.
The deceased was identified as Md. Salam, she said, adding that the body has been sent for post-mortem and the injured persons admitted to a hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, the irate locals blocked traffic on Baysi-Brohata road to protest against negligence in maintainence of electricity lines and demanded compensation to the kin of the victim.
Senior civil and police officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!