Bihar police doing its best to tackle naxals: DGP
Dehri-on-Sone: Bihar police was striving
hard to tackle Naxal insurgency in the state with optimum use
of resources, a top police official said on Wednesday.
"The state police is doing its best to tackle naxal
insurgency in Bihar with resources at its disposal," Director
General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand told reporters here.
There will be no let up in the effort of the state
police to deal with naxal violence, he said.
On the spate in custodial deaths in Bihar in recent
times, Abhayanand said he will ensure that the personnel
found guilty in such cases were suitably punished so that such
incidents did not recur anywhere in future.
Abhayanand, who took charge as the DGP last month,
said his sole priority was to establish a rule of law by
bringing law-breakers to justice while to ensure that no
innocent person was framed in false cases.
Abhayanand was here for inspection at Rhotas district
He also heard the grievances of the policemen and said
that he will undertake tour of entire state to hear their
problems and redress the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid