Bihar police doing its best to tackle naxals: DGP
Dehri-on-Sone: Bihar police was striving
hard to tackle Naxal insurgency in the state with optimum use
of resources, a top police official said on Wednesday.
"The state police is doing its best to tackle naxal
insurgency in Bihar with resources at its disposal," Director
General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand told reporters here.
There will be no let up in the effort of the state
police to deal with naxal violence, he said.
On the spate in custodial deaths in Bihar in recent
times, Abhayanand said he will ensure that the personnel
found guilty in such cases were suitably punished so that such
incidents did not recur anywhere in future.
Abhayanand, who took charge as the DGP last month,
said his sole priority was to establish a rule of law by
bringing law-breakers to justice while to ensure that no
innocent person was framed in false cases.
Abhayanand was here for inspection at Rhotas district
He also heard the grievances of the policemen and said
that he will undertake tour of entire state to hear their
problems and redress the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre