Bihar: Seven Maoists involved in killing SP held
Muzaffarpur: Seven activists of banned
CPI (Maoists), including its self-styled Tirhut Area Commander
Hemant alias Ashutosh, allegedly involved in the killing of
Munger Superintendent of Police K C Surendra Babu in 2005,
have been nabbed from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, police
said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided Najirpur village
and arrested the ultras, including two women, last night,
Senior Superintendent of Police, Muzaffarpur, Rajesh Kumar
One pistol, eight cartridges and some literature and
posters were seized from them, Kumar said.
In the course of interrogation, the arrested Maoists
confessed to be part of the armed squad of the ultra-left
outfit which meticulously executed the murder of Surendra
Surendra Babu was killed at Bhimbandh in Munger
district on January five, 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report