Bihar: Two pilgrims killed in stampede
Biharsharif: Two pilgrims were killed today in a stampede near Brahmakund hot water spring at Rajgir in Bihar`s Nalanda district, police sources said.
The stampede broke out after the pilgrims pushed and shoved each other in order to get first to the holy Brahmakund to take bath in the hot water spring during the ongoing Malmas festival at Rajgir, the sources said.
One of the pilgrims was identified as Rudra Narayan Sav (70) - native of Ithari village under Marauna police station area in Supaul district - were fatally stamped to death, they said.
The barricade erected to regulate the movement of pilgrims also got damaged in the stampede, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'