Bihar: Two pilgrims killed in stampede
Biharsharif: Two pilgrims were killed today in a stampede near Brahmakund hot water spring at Rajgir in Bihar`s Nalanda district, police sources said.
The stampede broke out after the pilgrims pushed and shoved each other in order to get first to the holy Brahmakund to take bath in the hot water spring during the ongoing Malmas festival at Rajgir, the sources said.
One of the pilgrims was identified as Rudra Narayan Sav (70) - native of Ithari village under Marauna police station area in Supaul district - were fatally stamped to death, they said.
The barricade erected to regulate the movement of pilgrims also got damaged in the stampede, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional