Bihar: Two pilgrims killed in stampede
Biharsharif: Two pilgrims were killed today in a stampede near Brahmakund hot water spring at Rajgir in Bihar`s Nalanda district, police sources said.
The stampede broke out after the pilgrims pushed and shoved each other in order to get first to the holy Brahmakund to take bath in the hot water spring during the ongoing Malmas festival at Rajgir, the sources said.
One of the pilgrims was identified as Rudra Narayan Sav (70) - native of Ithari village under Marauna police station area in Supaul district - were fatally stamped to death, they said.
The barricade erected to regulate the movement of pilgrims also got damaged in the stampede, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?