Bihar: Vigilance to set up its own cadre
Patna: In order to expedite probe into
corruption cases in Bihar, the vigilance department has
proposed to set up its own cadre of investigators, a vigilance
official said on Thursday.
"We are working on a proposal to set up a cadre of
investigators of the vigilance department to carry out probe
in corruption cases against public servants," the Principal
Secretary (Vigilance) Ashok Kumar Chauhan told reporters.
The recruited vigilance sleuths will be imparted
training to enable them to competently probe corruption cases,
Among other measures being taken in conformity with
the state government`s commitment to eradicate corruption, he
said that traps had been laid to nab corrupt public servants
and ensure their trial in a time-bound manner under the Bihar
Special Court Act, 2009 and ensure confiscation of ill-gotten
property of such people, Chauhan said.
To ensure administrative vigilance against those
public servants misusing their power for amassing wealth,
steps were being taken to create the post of vigilance
officials in various government departments who would work
under the direct command of the concerned departmental heads,
besides taking other preventive measures against the scourge
by the concerned departments, he said.
Similarly, flying squads of vigilance officials have
been set up at district level to monitor and act against
corrupt officials, the Principal Secretary (Vigilance) said.
In order to ensure time-bound disposal of corruption
cases, it has been proposed to upgrade the courts trying the
vigilance cases on part-time basis into full time courts, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family