Bihar will become a developed state by 2015: Nitish
Patna: Bihar will become a developed state by
2015 ``despite the Centre`s move to stall its development``,
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar told the assembly amid noisy
walkout by the entire opposition over alleged unsatisfactory
reply by the government on the governor`s address.
Replying to the debate on thanks giving motion to
Governor Devanand Konwar`s address to the joint sitting of the
state legislature, Kumar said "We have initiated a number of
steps to develop the state and bring it on par with other
"I am sure that people of Bihar will not like to return
to dark ages due to bad law and order situation," he said in
an apparent reference to the erstwhile government of the
With the change of guard and improvement in the law and
order situation one could find family members moving round the
city in the dead of night, Kumar said and dealt in length
about improving law and order situation in the state.
Quoting the official records he said while 3861 people
were murdered in 2004 when the RJD was in power, the figure
came down to 3152 in 2009. In 2004 1257 cases of dacoities
were registered, which came down to 654 during the NDA rule.
"The people of Bihar will give a fitting reply to the
opposition parties for spreading canards aginst the present
government that it has failed to control the spiralling crime
graph," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate