Bihar`s growth story to continue: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi on Sunday said that the state`s economic growth story would
continue and the fruits of development would reach out to the
people in less period of time than envisioned.
The state government was not only working overtime to
ensure high growth rate over a long period of time, but also
to ensure that the development indeed translates into
prosperity of the people, he said at the valedictory function
of the three-day Global Summit on Changing Bihar.
Modi`s statement was an apparent rejoinder to some
economists who had questioned the double digit growth rate in
Bihar on the ground that the poverty rate in the state
remained high and the benefits of development have not helped
raise per capita income of the people.
Modi said corruption has been a major challenge to the
delivery system, particularly in the backward states, but the
state government has taken measures like mandatory annual
declaration of assets by officers of Class I to III as well by
the Chief Minister and the ministers.
The information have been uploaded on the website of
the state government for perusal by the people and these
public servants were required to submit update of their wealth
annually, he said.
The state government has enacted a `strong` Lokayukta
Act and set up the Special Courts Act to deal with corrupt
public servants, he said adding that other states have taken
lead from Bihar to crackdown against corruption.
The ill-gotten wealth of senior officials have been
confiscated and put to public use, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference