BJP demands speedy trial in fodder scam case
New Delhi: Welcoming the framing of charges
against former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad in the fodder
scam case, the BJP on Thursday said its trial should be expedited to
bring the guilty to book as it involved a "systematic loot" of
"It was a case of conspiracy. The Supreme Court had way
back in 1996 stated that the trial must be expedited as it was
systematic loot of public money. As is well known, the fodder
scam was the most notorious scam of Bihar having all its
ramifications," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad
He demanded that the trial should be concluded at the
earliest not only in this case but in all cases related to the
Another BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, "The
trial should be speeded up. Only tough action can clean up the
system and deter those involved in such acts. We are hopeful
the verdict in this case will come soon."
The CBI court in Patna framed charges against Prasad,
Jagannath Mishra and others in the fodder scam that took place
when Prasad was chief minister of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video