BJP demands speedy trial in fodder scam case
New Delhi: Welcoming the framing of charges
against former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad in the fodder
scam case, the BJP on Thursday said its trial should be expedited to
bring the guilty to book as it involved a "systematic loot" of
"It was a case of conspiracy. The Supreme Court had way
back in 1996 stated that the trial must be expedited as it was
systematic loot of public money. As is well known, the fodder
scam was the most notorious scam of Bihar having all its
ramifications," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad
He demanded that the trial should be concluded at the
earliest not only in this case but in all cases related to the
Another BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, "The
trial should be speeded up. Only tough action can clean up the
system and deter those involved in such acts. We are hopeful
the verdict in this case will come soon."
The CBI court in Patna framed charges against Prasad,
Jagannath Mishra and others in the fodder scam that took place
when Prasad was chief minister of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'