BJP to launch massive campaign for Narendra Modi`s `Hunkar rally`
Patna: Bihar BJP will launch a massive campaign from October 17 to mobilise support for its October 27 `Hunkar rally` which will be addressed by the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi among others.
BJP state unit president Mangal Pandey said today that several senior party leaders will fan out to various parts of Bihar from October 17 to mobilise people`s support for the rally, to be held at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
The senior leaders expected to participate in the campaign run-up to the October 27 rally include former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, C P Thakur, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Syed Shahanwaz Hussain and Ravi Shankar Prasad.
All frontal organisations of the party will take active part in the work, he said and claimed that the proposed rally would `virtually sound the poll bugle for the general elections next year`.
The senior BJP leaders will hold road shows and social media would be put to optimum use to solicit public support for the rally, Pandey said.
Meanwhile, Pandey accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "perpetrating vengeance" on the party leaders and former ministers by issuing eviction orders to denying them credit for various development projects conceived by them during their stint in the erstwhile NDA government.
Meanwhile, former JD(U) leader Sachchidanand Rai joined BJP at a function held this morning in the party office here with hundreds of supporters in attendance.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?