BJP to launch massive campaign for Narendra Modi`s `Hunkar rally`
Patna: Bihar BJP will launch a massive campaign from October 17 to mobilise support for its October 27 `Hunkar rally` which will be addressed by the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi among others.
BJP state unit president Mangal Pandey said today that several senior party leaders will fan out to various parts of Bihar from October 17 to mobilise people`s support for the rally, to be held at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
The senior leaders expected to participate in the campaign run-up to the October 27 rally include former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, C P Thakur, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Syed Shahanwaz Hussain and Ravi Shankar Prasad.
All frontal organisations of the party will take active part in the work, he said and claimed that the proposed rally would `virtually sound the poll bugle for the general elections next year`.
The senior BJP leaders will hold road shows and social media would be put to optimum use to solicit public support for the rally, Pandey said.
Meanwhile, Pandey accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "perpetrating vengeance" on the party leaders and former ministers by issuing eviction orders to denying them credit for various development projects conceived by them during their stint in the erstwhile NDA government.
Meanwhile, former JD(U) leader Sachchidanand Rai joined BJP at a function held this morning in the party office here with hundreds of supporters in attendance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video