BJP to launch massive campaign for Narendra Modi`s `Hunkar rally`
Patna: Bihar BJP will launch a massive campaign from October 17 to mobilise support for its October 27 `Hunkar rally` which will be addressed by the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi among others.
BJP state unit president Mangal Pandey said today that several senior party leaders will fan out to various parts of Bihar from October 17 to mobilise people`s support for the rally, to be held at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
The senior leaders expected to participate in the campaign run-up to the October 27 rally include former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, C P Thakur, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Syed Shahanwaz Hussain and Ravi Shankar Prasad.
All frontal organisations of the party will take active part in the work, he said and claimed that the proposed rally would `virtually sound the poll bugle for the general elections next year`.
The senior BJP leaders will hold road shows and social media would be put to optimum use to solicit public support for the rally, Pandey said.
Meanwhile, Pandey accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "perpetrating vengeance" on the party leaders and former ministers by issuing eviction orders to denying them credit for various development projects conceived by them during their stint in the erstwhile NDA government.
Meanwhile, former JD(U) leader Sachchidanand Rai joined BJP at a function held this morning in the party office here with hundreds of supporters in attendance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi