Bombs and explosives found in Bihar
Bhagalpur: In a major haul, 63 country - made bombs and five kilograms of explosives were seized during a raid in Bhagalpur late Saturday night.
Bhagalpur SSP Rajesh Kumar said that the police raid, a part of the security drive conducted before the polls, was conducted following a tip-off that gangster Shambhu Mandal and his associates were hiding at Parvatti mohalla.
"Shambhu and Kanu Mandal managed to flee, but two persons - Dipak Mandal and Tinku Mandal were arrested with the bombs and the explosive material," Kumar said.
The SSP added that the gang used to make bombs and sell them to criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured