Bombs and explosives found in Bihar
Bhagalpur: In a major haul, 63 country - made bombs and five kilograms of explosives were seized during a raid in Bhagalpur late Saturday night.
Bhagalpur SSP Rajesh Kumar said that the police raid, a part of the security drive conducted before the polls, was conducted following a tip-off that gangster Shambhu Mandal and his associates were hiding at Parvatti mohalla.
"Shambhu and Kanu Mandal managed to flee, but two persons - Dipak Mandal and Tinku Mandal were arrested with the bombs and the explosive material," Kumar said.
The SSP added that the gang used to make bombs and sell them to criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression