Bombs and explosives found in Bihar
Bhagalpur: In a major haul, 63 country - made bombs and five kilograms of explosives were seized during a raid in Bhagalpur late Saturday night.
Bhagalpur SSP Rajesh Kumar said that the police raid, a part of the security drive conducted before the polls, was conducted following a tip-off that gangster Shambhu Mandal and his associates were hiding at Parvatti mohalla.
"Shambhu and Kanu Mandal managed to flee, but two persons - Dipak Mandal and Tinku Mandal were arrested with the bombs and the explosive material," Kumar said.
The SSP added that the gang used to make bombs and sell them to criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble