Bombs and explosives found in Bihar
Bhagalpur: In a major haul, 63 country - made bombs and five kilograms of explosives were seized during a raid in Bhagalpur late Saturday night.
Bhagalpur SSP Rajesh Kumar said that the police raid, a part of the security drive conducted before the polls, was conducted following a tip-off that gangster Shambhu Mandal and his associates were hiding at Parvatti mohalla.
"Shambhu and Kanu Mandal managed to flee, but two persons - Dipak Mandal and Tinku Mandal were arrested with the bombs and the explosive material," Kumar said.
The SSP added that the gang used to make bombs and sell them to criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- DNA: Today in History, 26th August, 2016
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured