Cold wave intensifies in Bihar
Patna: The cold wave intensified in Bihar on Wednesday with chilly winds from North and Eastern region of the Himalayas sweeping the plain districts of the state even as Gaya remained the coldest place with a minimum temperature at 4.6 degree Celsius, the Meteorological office (MET) said.
The severity of the winter chill has intensified in Bihar due to the icy winds blowing from North and Eastern region of the Himalayans blowing since the past couple of days, the MET Director A.K. Sen said.
The night temperature may fall further due to intensified cold wave condition, he said.
Gaya remained the coldest place in Bihar with a minimum temperature at 4.6 degree Celsius which was four degree less than normal temperature, the MET office said.
Patna recorded a minimum temperature of 8.9 degree Celsius even though the Patnaites had a minor respite from the cold as bright sunshine shone through the day, it said.
Purnia and Muzaffarpur recorded minimum temperature at 7.7 and 8.8 degree Celsius, while the same at Bhagalpur and Chapra stood at 7.4 and 6.3, Met office said.
Meanwhile, the cold weather condition accompanied by fog in the early hours of the day disrupted road, rail and air services as two persons were killed in road accident in Muzaffarpur district due to poor visibility on the road, official sources said.
Dozens of long-distance and local trains were running behind schedule by several hours due to foggy weather reducing visibility, they said, adding that the first commercial flight at the Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport landed only after 1.45 pm after the visibility improved.
Meanwhile, the state government has released Rs 28 lakh for making bonfire arrangements at public places like street corners, night shelters and bus stands to provide respite to the people from chilly weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog