Cold wave intensifies in Bihar
Patna: The cold wave intensified in Bihar on Wednesday with chilly winds from North and Eastern region of the Himalayas sweeping the plain districts of the state even as Gaya remained the coldest place with a minimum temperature at 4.6 degree Celsius, the Meteorological office (MET) said.
The severity of the winter chill has intensified in Bihar due to the icy winds blowing from North and Eastern region of the Himalayans blowing since the past couple of days, the MET Director A.K. Sen said.
The night temperature may fall further due to intensified cold wave condition, he said.
Gaya remained the coldest place in Bihar with a minimum temperature at 4.6 degree Celsius which was four degree less than normal temperature, the MET office said.
Patna recorded a minimum temperature of 8.9 degree Celsius even though the Patnaites had a minor respite from the cold as bright sunshine shone through the day, it said.
Purnia and Muzaffarpur recorded minimum temperature at 7.7 and 8.8 degree Celsius, while the same at Bhagalpur and Chapra stood at 7.4 and 6.3, Met office said.
Meanwhile, the cold weather condition accompanied by fog in the early hours of the day disrupted road, rail and air services as two persons were killed in road accident in Muzaffarpur district due to poor visibility on the road, official sources said.
Dozens of long-distance and local trains were running behind schedule by several hours due to foggy weather reducing visibility, they said, adding that the first commercial flight at the Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport landed only after 1.45 pm after the visibility improved.
Meanwhile, the state government has released Rs 28 lakh for making bonfire arrangements at public places like street corners, night shelters and bus stands to provide respite to the people from chilly weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today