Conspiracy behind killing of party MLA: Modi, Thakur
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K
Modi and state BJP president C P Thakur said that there was a
conspiracy behind the murder of party MLA Raj Kishore Keshari
in Purnia on Tuesday.
"We see a conspiracy behind the incident. The police
decided to close the case in the absence of sufficient
evidence," the senior BJP leaders said about Rupan Pathak who
had six months ago alleged sexual harassment against the slain
"We have even come to know that she had retracted her
statement under Section 164 of CrPC later," they told a press
"We think there are people operating behind a screen
while keeping the woman in front. The police will have to
unravel the truth," they said disapproving of `sensational`
reports that Pathak was a victim of injustice which forced her
to take the step.
Police had probed the case and submitted its final
report, they said.
The leaders claimed that there was also a conspiracy
to ensure Keshari`s defeat in the recently held Assembly
polls, but he received the people`s support to win by an
Keshari, a four-time MLA, was meeting visitors of his
constituency at his Sipahi Tola residence this morning when
Pathak stabbed him.
The profusely bleeding MLA was rushed to a nearby
hospital but he succumbed to his injuries, doctors attending
on him said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users