Councillor held for attack on minister`s cavalcade
Muzaffarpur: A local councillor was arrested on Monday in connection with the alleged attack on the cavalcade of Bihar Revenue and Land Reforms Minister Ramai Ram in April this year.
Acting on a complaint lodged by the minister`s aide Shashi Ranjan, Gupteshwar Prasad Singh alias Mukesh was arrested from Malshahi Nawada village in the district, police said.
The minister`s cavalcade was attacked on April 20 by Singh and his supporters.
Meanwhile, irate locals gheraoed the police station for several hours demanding Singh`s immediate release but were later pacified by the police officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!