CRPF constable injured in encounter with Maoists
Gaya: A CRPF constable was injured in an encounter with Maoists in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday, the paramilitary force officials said.
The encounter took place when CRPF launched a combing- cum-search operation against the ultras at Tokna and adjacent Mangrama villages in Chhatarbanda forest, CRPF DIG Chiranjeev Kumar said.
CRPF jawans and Maoists exchanged over 100 rounds of fire at Tokna village before the ultras retreated into the deep forest, Kumar said.
CRPF CoBRA unit constable Ravishankar sustained bullet injuries during the encounter and was rushed to the hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000