CRPF constable injured in encounter with Maoists
Gaya: A CRPF constable was injured in an encounter with Maoists in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday, the paramilitary force officials said.
The encounter took place when CRPF launched a combing- cum-search operation against the ultras at Tokna and adjacent Mangrama villages in Chhatarbanda forest, CRPF DIG Chiranjeev Kumar said.
CRPF jawans and Maoists exchanged over 100 rounds of fire at Tokna village before the ultras retreated into the deep forest, Kumar said.
CRPF CoBRA unit constable Ravishankar sustained bullet injuries during the encounter and was rushed to the hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez