CRPF constable injured in encounter with Maoists
Gaya: A CRPF constable was injured in an encounter with Maoists in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday, the paramilitary force officials said.
The encounter took place when CRPF launched a combing- cum-search operation against the ultras at Tokna and adjacent Mangrama villages in Chhatarbanda forest, CRPF DIG Chiranjeev Kumar said.
CRPF jawans and Maoists exchanged over 100 rounds of fire at Tokna village before the ultras retreated into the deep forest, Kumar said.
CRPF CoBRA unit constable Ravishankar sustained bullet injuries during the encounter and was rushed to the hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie