CRPF constable injured in encounter with Maoists
Gaya: A CRPF constable was injured in an encounter with Maoists in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday, the paramilitary force officials said.
The encounter took place when CRPF launched a combing- cum-search operation against the ultras at Tokna and adjacent Mangrama villages in Chhatarbanda forest, CRPF DIG Chiranjeev Kumar said.
CRPF jawans and Maoists exchanged over 100 rounds of fire at Tokna village before the ultras retreated into the deep forest, Kumar said.
CRPF CoBRA unit constable Ravishankar sustained bullet injuries during the encounter and was rushed to the hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened