Defiant Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him
Patna: A defiant Bihar minister Giriraj Singh today dared Chief Minister Narendra Modi to sack him while reiterating support to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the NDA prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
"I will continue to support the Gujarat chief Minister and am of the firm belief that he is a secular leader as he enjoys the support of the people of his state," Singh, the Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister who belongs to the BJP, told PTI here.
"Let Kumar sack me if he disapproves of my views for support to Modi," Singh said.
He questioned the chief minister for raising the issue of the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate when political parties were focussed on the presidential elections.
"The controversy being generated by the JD(U) and the chief minister about the NDA`s next prime ministerial candidate amounts to rain without clouds, he said.
The BJP leader said that the Gujarat chief minister was voted to power by all sections and so it would be unfair to dub him communal.
Singh had stayed away from the cabinet meeting last evening in protest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan