`Definitive leads` of IM role in Bodh Gaya blasts
New Delhi: Security agencies probing the recent blasts in Bihar on Tuesday claimed to have got "definitive leads" about the role of banned terror group Indian Mujahideen (IM) in the Bodh Gaya blasts in July this year.
Sources in the probe team said that documents were recovered from a guest house in Ranchi where suspected IM terrorists had been staying.
The documents showed the places where bombs had to be planted around Bodh Gaya, the highest seat of Buddhism, they said.
As many as 10 explosions had rocked Mahabodhi Temple complex on July seven this year in which five people including two Budhhist monks were injured. Three other bombs did not explode.
The case was handed over to the National Investigating Agency (NIA) which had prepared sketches as well as announced a reward for information leading to cracking the case.
During raids in Ranchi yesterday, the probe teams recovered documents which indicated involvement of IM module in the Bodh Gaya blasts.
There are some abbreviations on the documents about the people who had planted the bombs at Bodh Gaya, the sources said, adding that the same were being analysed to nab the culprits.
Security agencies had averted a possible terror attack when they had recovered nine live bombs fitted with timers from a lodge in Ranchi. The devices matched with those used in the Patna blasts that killed six people and left over 80 wounded on October 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?