Effigies of Nitish, Speaker burnt by RJD workers
Patna: RJD workers on Thursday burned effigies of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary in Bihar to protest against the latter`s decision to grant recognition to 13 party MLAs as a separate group four days ago.
As announced yesterday, the RJD activists took out protest march at the headquarters of all districts where they raised slogans against the Speaker and the Chief Minister before burning their effigies against the ruling JD(U)`s bid to engineer defection from their party.
In Patna, scores of the RJD leaders and workers led by its senior leader and Rajya Sabha MP Ramkripal Yadav gathered at the Income Tax office roundabout where they burnt effigies of the Speaker and the Chief Minister alleging bid to split their party by the ruling JD(U).
The protesters carried banners and placards protesting the Speaker`s alleged high-handed and unconstitutional decision to grant recognition to 13 RJD MLAs as separate bloc in the state legislative assembly at the behest of the Chief Minister.
Addressing the protesters, the RJD MP slammed the Speaker for "strangulating democracy" in Bihar by seeking to split his party in an unconstitutional manner at the behest of the Chief Minister and said that his party will launch an agitation throughout Bihar to expose the ruling JD(U)`s sinister designs to break the RJD for attaining majority in the House.
Yadav also castigated the Bihar police for lodging an FIR in connection with the stone pelting incident at the Speaker`s house saying that it had turned a blind eye when the supporters of the Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh Mukhiya had vandalised public property in the state capital and indulged in largescale arson while taking out funeral procession of their leader two years ago.
The RJD workers had taken out a peaceful march in Patna against the Speaker`s decision in a democratic manner, the RJD MP claimed and denied that its cadre was involved in stone pelting at Chaudhary`s official residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof