Fodder scam: CBI court summons Lalu
Patna: A special court on Wednesday summoned RJD
supremo Lalu Prasad, former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath
Mishra and others to appear before it on September six in
connection with the multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Designated CBI Judge Vimal Kumar Jain asked Prasad and
others to ensure their personal appearance in connection with
the case related to fraudulent withdrawal of several lakhs of
rupees from Bhagalpur treasury when the RJD chief was the
Chief Minister between 1990 and 1997.
Jain also summoned Mishra, JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, also
former Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of Bihar
Assembly, former RJD MP R K Rana, former state Minister Vidya
Sagar Nishad, besides some retired IAS officials allegedly
involved in the case.
The court ordered their personal appearance for hearing
the petitions filed by them seeking to be exonerated from the
charges levelled against them in the chargesheet, which has
already been submitted by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India