Fodder scam: CBI court summons Lalu
Patna: A special court on Wednesday summoned RJD
supremo Lalu Prasad, former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath
Mishra and others to appear before it on September six in
connection with the multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Designated CBI Judge Vimal Kumar Jain asked Prasad and
others to ensure their personal appearance in connection with
the case related to fraudulent withdrawal of several lakhs of
rupees from Bhagalpur treasury when the RJD chief was the
Chief Minister between 1990 and 1997.
Jain also summoned Mishra, JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma, also
former Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of Bihar
Assembly, former RJD MP R K Rana, former state Minister Vidya
Sagar Nishad, besides some retired IAS officials allegedly
involved in the case.
The court ordered their personal appearance for hearing
the petitions filed by them seeking to be exonerated from the
charges levelled against them in the chargesheet, which has
already been submitted by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!