Fodder scam: Jharkhand High Court dismisses Lalu Prasad`s bail plea
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday rejected the bail petition of former Bihar chief minister and RJD chief Lalu Prasad, who has completed one month in Birsa Munda Central Jail here in connection with the fodder scam.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had completed arguments on Lalu`s bail petition on Wednesday. He had moved the court on October 17 against his conviction and sentencing in a fodder scam case and filed a bail petition.
On September 30, Lalu Prasad and another former Bihar chief minister Jagnnath Mishra, Janata Dal (United) Lok Sabha member Jagdish Sharma and some others were convicted in a fodder scam case RC 20 A/96. It was related to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.70 crore from Chaibasa treasury during 1994-1995 when Lalu Prasad was the chief minister of Bihar.
The special CBI court of Pravas Kumar Singh awarded him five years in prison and slapped Rs 25 lakh fine on October 03. Jagannath Mishra was granted two months` provisional bail on medical grounds on October 25.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security