Four BMP jawans killed in Maoist attack
Aurangabad: Four Bihar Military Police (BMP) jawans were killed and another was seriously injured when Maoists spayed bullets on a police patrol in Bihar`s Aurangabad district Monday, police said.
The incident happened at Tandawa Bazaar area in the district when the BMP personnel along with the District Armed Police Force were patrolling the area.
Six Maoists, armed with sophisticated weapons, indiscriminately fired at them, SP Sanjay Kumar Singh said.
Four BMP jawans were killed on the spot, while another was seriously injured, he said.
The ultras also looted five rifles and several rounds of ammunition from them before escaping, the SP said.
The entry and exit points of the district were sealed and a combing operation launched for the Maoists, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal