Four BMP jawans killed in Maoist attack
Aurangabad: Four Bihar Military Police (BMP) jawans were killed and another was seriously injured when Maoists spayed bullets on a police patrol in Bihar`s Aurangabad district Monday, police said.
The incident happened at Tandawa Bazaar area in the district when the BMP personnel along with the District Armed Police Force were patrolling the area.
Six Maoists, armed with sophisticated weapons, indiscriminately fired at them, SP Sanjay Kumar Singh said.
Four BMP jawans were killed on the spot, while another was seriously injured, he said.
The ultras also looted five rifles and several rounds of ammunition from them before escaping, the SP said.
The entry and exit points of the district were sealed and a combing operation launched for the Maoists, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown