Goa MLA booked for graft; Cong says its `politically fabricated`
Panaji: The Goa Congress on Wednesday alleged that the investigation by the Anti-Corruption Bureau against its legislator Chandrakant Kavlekar, accused of amassing huge wealth, is "politically fabricated".
Congress Goa legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco told reporters today that the complaint filed against Kavlekar by ACB inspector is politically fabricated and filed at behest of his political master and Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Kavlekar was booked yesterday by ACB for amassing huge wealth through corrupt practices and investing it in Kerala.
Party`s Goa spokesman Sudip Tamankar alleged that Parrikar was trying to misuse vigilance department to settle scores against the political rivals.
He termed the recent case against Kavlekar as an attempt to harass him.
"The vigilance department is being used for political purpose. The FIR is filed only after receiving directions from the Chief Minister," Tamankar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!