Goa MLA booked for graft; Cong says its `politically fabricated`
Panaji: The Goa Congress on Wednesday alleged that the investigation by the Anti-Corruption Bureau against its legislator Chandrakant Kavlekar, accused of amassing huge wealth, is "politically fabricated".
Congress Goa legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco told reporters today that the complaint filed against Kavlekar by ACB inspector is politically fabricated and filed at behest of his political master and Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Kavlekar was booked yesterday by ACB for amassing huge wealth through corrupt practices and investing it in Kerala.
Party`s Goa spokesman Sudip Tamankar alleged that Parrikar was trying to misuse vigilance department to settle scores against the political rivals.
He termed the recent case against Kavlekar as an attempt to harass him.
"The vigilance department is being used for political purpose. The FIR is filed only after receiving directions from the Chief Minister," Tamankar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’