Goa MLA booked for graft; Cong says its `politically fabricated`
Panaji: The Goa Congress on Wednesday alleged that the investigation by the Anti-Corruption Bureau against its legislator Chandrakant Kavlekar, accused of amassing huge wealth, is "politically fabricated".
Congress Goa legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco told reporters today that the complaint filed against Kavlekar by ACB inspector is politically fabricated and filed at behest of his political master and Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Kavlekar was booked yesterday by ACB for amassing huge wealth through corrupt practices and investing it in Kerala.
Party`s Goa spokesman Sudip Tamankar alleged that Parrikar was trying to misuse vigilance department to settle scores against the political rivals.
He termed the recent case against Kavlekar as an attempt to harass him.
"The vigilance department is being used for political purpose. The FIR is filed only after receiving directions from the Chief Minister," Tamankar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?