Hardcore Maoist arrested in Bihar
Chapra: A hardcore Maoist was arrested on Tuesday with weapons from a village in Bihar`s Saran district, a police official said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Baligaon village located in Gandak riverine area and arrested the Maoist, identified as Chandrashekhar Sahni, said to be self-acclaimed area commander of Saran region a Maoist outfit, Superintendent of Police Sujeet Kumar said.
Sahni was wanted in cases of extortion and levy collection from the construction companies engaged in road and rail projects in the district and surrounding areas, he said.
Two pistols among a haul of arms and ammunitions were recovered from the ultra`s possession, Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview