Hardcore Maoist arrested in Bihar
Chapra: A hardcore Maoist was arrested on Tuesday with weapons from a village in Bihar`s Saran district, a police official said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Baligaon village located in Gandak riverine area and arrested the Maoist, identified as Chandrashekhar Sahni, said to be self-acclaimed area commander of Saran region a Maoist outfit, Superintendent of Police Sujeet Kumar said.
Sahni was wanted in cases of extortion and levy collection from the construction companies engaged in road and rail projects in the district and surrounding areas, he said.
Two pistols among a haul of arms and ammunitions were recovered from the ultra`s possession, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!