If I open my mouth, many BJP people will be in trouble: Nitish Kumar
Patna: In a veiled threat to BJP leaders on the offensive against him after JD(U) parted ways with the NDA partner, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that if he opened his mouth, many of them would be in trouble.
"If I open my mouth, a lot of people will be in trouble," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of a programme here.
BJP president Rajnath Singh, who addressed a party rally here yesterday, had trashed JD(U)`s allegations that Narendra Modi was an autocratic and divisive leader.
He had attacked JD(U) for `suddenly` finding fault with the Gujarat Chief Minister and his leadership after being part of the alliance for 17 years.
The BJP president had also questioned Kumar`s growing proximity to the Congress.
Singh`s predecessor Nitin Gadkari has accused Kumar of playing vote bank politics to fulfil his Prime Ministerial ambitions.
Former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, former NDA convenor Nandkishore Yadav, Rajiv Pratap Singh Rudy, Shahnawaz Hussain, Ravishankar Prasad, CP Thakur and state BJP president Mangal Pandey have been firing verbal salvos at Kumar after the parting of ways.
The acrimony widened so much that workers of JD(U) and BJP clashed on the streets of Patna during the Bihar bandh on June 18. BJP MLAs had unleashed a verbal attack on Kumar during the confidence vote.
After JD(U) snapped ties with BJP on June 16, Kumar had said political issues would be answered politically and advised leaders of both parties not to point fingers at each other.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt