Incarcerated criminal Yadav`s bail canceled
Patna: The Patna High Court Tuesday canceled bail of undertrial Ritlal Yadav in the murder case of BJP leader Satyanand Sinha nine years ago.
Justice Hemant Kumar passed the order on an application filed by the state government through its counsel.
The state government has recently identified hundreds of criminals, both incarcerated and absconding, for seeking cancellation of their bail applications from various courts in order to drive against criminals and anti-social elements as part of endeavour to improve law and order situation.
Yadav is presently lodged in the high-security Beur central jail in connection with seven cases against him.
He was last year granted bail in the BJP leader murder case by a local court.
Yadav, formerly associated with the RJD, had unsuccessfully contested 2010 assembly polls from Danapur assembly constituency as an independent candidate against the slain BJP leader`s widow Asha Devi.
Sinha was shot dead by Yadav at a public meeting in Patna in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?