Incarcerated criminal Yadav`s bail canceled
Patna: The Patna High Court Tuesday canceled bail of undertrial Ritlal Yadav in the murder case of BJP leader Satyanand Sinha nine years ago.
Justice Hemant Kumar passed the order on an application filed by the state government through its counsel.
The state government has recently identified hundreds of criminals, both incarcerated and absconding, for seeking cancellation of their bail applications from various courts in order to drive against criminals and anti-social elements as part of endeavour to improve law and order situation.
Yadav is presently lodged in the high-security Beur central jail in connection with seven cases against him.
He was last year granted bail in the BJP leader murder case by a local court.
Yadav, formerly associated with the RJD, had unsuccessfully contested 2010 assembly polls from Danapur assembly constituency as an independent candidate against the slain BJP leader`s widow Asha Devi.
Sinha was shot dead by Yadav at a public meeting in Patna in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery