Incarcerated criminal Yadav`s bail canceled
Patna: The Patna High Court Tuesday canceled bail of undertrial Ritlal Yadav in the murder case of BJP leader Satyanand Sinha nine years ago.
Justice Hemant Kumar passed the order on an application filed by the state government through its counsel.
The state government has recently identified hundreds of criminals, both incarcerated and absconding, for seeking cancellation of their bail applications from various courts in order to drive against criminals and anti-social elements as part of endeavour to improve law and order situation.
Yadav is presently lodged in the high-security Beur central jail in connection with seven cases against him.
He was last year granted bail in the BJP leader murder case by a local court.
Yadav, formerly associated with the RJD, had unsuccessfully contested 2010 assembly polls from Danapur assembly constituency as an independent candidate against the slain BJP leader`s widow Asha Devi.
Sinha was shot dead by Yadav at a public meeting in Patna in 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler