Independent MLA suspended again in Bihar Assembly
Patna: Independent MLA from Dehri, Jyoti
Rahsmi was on Friday suspended for the third time during this
budget session in the Bihar assembly for going on dharna in
the well demanding a CBI inquiry into alleged illegal mining
in Rohtas district.
As Speaker Udai Narayan Chudhury`s repeated requests
to the MLA to return to her seat went unheeded, Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Vijendra Yadav brought a resolution to
suspend her for the remaining three days of the budget session
falling on April 2-3 and April 13.
The resolution was later adopted by voice vote.
Rashmi, who had sat on dharna in the well yesterday,
to press for a CBI probe into the charges against her husband
and former legislator Pradeep Joshi, accused of illegal mining
in Rohtas district, was taken out by the watch and ward staff
late last evening.
The MLA entered the well again today with the same
She was suspended on two earlier occasions also for
making the same demand and was charged with unruly behaviour
and making uncharitable remarks against the chair.
Leader of the Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui voiced
concern over the action against the MLA and opposed her
JD(U) MLA Ram Sevak Hazare also did the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?