JD-U candidate Sarfaraz Alam arrested
Araria: The JD-U candidate from Jokighat assembly seat in Bihar, Sarfaraz Alam, was on Friday arrested in compliance with a Non-bailable Warrant (NBW) issued against him in connection with a criminal case, the police said.
Alam was arrested soon after he filed nomination papers to Returning Officer (RO) Vijay Kumar at Jokihat block, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Md Qasim said. The JD-U candidate, a former minister and son of the senior party leader Md Taslimuddin, had been evading arrest in a criminal case filed against him by the sitting JD-U MLA Manzar Alam in an incident of scuffle between their supporters in 2004.
Alam was taken to Katihar, SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state