JD-U candidate Sarfaraz Alam arrested
Araria: The JD-U candidate from Jokighat assembly seat in Bihar, Sarfaraz Alam, was on Friday arrested in compliance with a Non-bailable Warrant (NBW) issued against him in connection with a criminal case, the police said.
Alam was arrested soon after he filed nomination papers to Returning Officer (RO) Vijay Kumar at Jokihat block, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Md Qasim said. The JD-U candidate, a former minister and son of the senior party leader Md Taslimuddin, had been evading arrest in a criminal case filed against him by the sitting JD-U MLA Manzar Alam in an incident of scuffle between their supporters in 2004.
Alam was taken to Katihar, SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Brexit vote sends new shocks through financial markets, political chaos deepens
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan