JD-U candidate Sarfaraz Alam arrested
Araria: The JD-U candidate from Jokighat assembly seat in Bihar, Sarfaraz Alam, was on Friday arrested in compliance with a Non-bailable Warrant (NBW) issued against him in connection with a criminal case, the police said.
Alam was arrested soon after he filed nomination papers to Returning Officer (RO) Vijay Kumar at Jokihat block, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Md Qasim said. The JD-U candidate, a former minister and son of the senior party leader Md Taslimuddin, had been evading arrest in a criminal case filed against him by the sitting JD-U MLA Manzar Alam in an incident of scuffle between their supporters in 2004.
Alam was taken to Katihar, SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened