JD-U candidate Sarfaraz Alam arrested
Araria: The JD-U candidate from Jokighat assembly seat in Bihar, Sarfaraz Alam, was on Friday arrested in compliance with a Non-bailable Warrant (NBW) issued against him in connection with a criminal case, the police said.
Alam was arrested soon after he filed nomination papers to Returning Officer (RO) Vijay Kumar at Jokihat block, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Md Qasim said. The JD-U candidate, a former minister and son of the senior party leader Md Taslimuddin, had been evading arrest in a criminal case filed against him by the sitting JD-U MLA Manzar Alam in an incident of scuffle between their supporters in 2004.
Alam was taken to Katihar, SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy