JD-U candidate Sarfaraz Alam arrested
Araria: The JD-U candidate from Jokighat assembly seat in Bihar, Sarfaraz Alam, was on Friday arrested in compliance with a Non-bailable Warrant (NBW) issued against him in connection with a criminal case, the police said.
Alam was arrested soon after he filed nomination papers to Returning Officer (RO) Vijay Kumar at Jokihat block, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Md Qasim said. The JD-U candidate, a former minister and son of the senior party leader Md Taslimuddin, had been evading arrest in a criminal case filed against him by the sitting JD-U MLA Manzar Alam in an incident of scuffle between their supporters in 2004.
Alam was taken to Katihar, SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Not just batsman but Virat Kohli is best sportsman in world, says this coach!
- Ranbir Kapoor's rumoured girlfriend Bharti Malhotra has finally SPOKEN the truth—Details inside!
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!