JD(U) leader, who assaulted youth, surrenders
Patna: Under pressure, Shambhu Saran
Yadav, who was expelled from ruling JD(U) for assaulting a
youth at a village in Bihar`s Vaishali district, Tuesday surrendered to the police there.
Yadav, who was filmed by television channels
yesterday, mercilessly beating a youth tied with rope with
lathis and shoes in public at Mansurpur village, surrendered
at the Kathara police station, police sources said.
It was alleged that the youth`s family had failed to
repay borrowed money, the sources said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had yesterday
ordered the arrest of Yadav, the Vaishali district JD(U)
general secretary, for assault of the youth.
He was also expelled from the JD(U) following
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India