JD(U) leader, who assaulted youth, surrenders
Patna: Under pressure, Shambhu Saran
Yadav, who was expelled from ruling JD(U) for assaulting a
youth at a village in Bihar`s Vaishali district, Tuesday surrendered to the police there.
Yadav, who was filmed by television channels
yesterday, mercilessly beating a youth tied with rope with
lathis and shoes in public at Mansurpur village, surrendered
at the Kathara police station, police sources said.
It was alleged that the youth`s family had failed to
repay borrowed money, the sources said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had yesterday
ordered the arrest of Yadav, the Vaishali district JD(U)
general secretary, for assault of the youth.
He was also expelled from the JD(U) following
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof