JD(U) MLC demands probe into Modi`s properties in Gujarat
Patna: With Bihar BJP leaders passing a resolution to declare Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate, a JD(U) legislator on Friday described Sushil Kumar Modi as "migratory bird" who lives in Bihar but his heart is in Gujarat.
"Sushil Kumar Modi is a migratory bird who though lives in Bihar but his heart is restless for Gujarat," Aslam Azad, MLC, said in a statement.
"He eats grains of Bihar but sings paeans to Gujarat," the JD(U) MLC said, alleging that the former Deputy Chief Minister has "insulted" the citizens of Bihar through his act.
Azad said that people, including those from minority Muslim community, had cast vote for BJP candidates in the name of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar which they have "betrayed".
The JD(U) MLC alleged that Sushil Kumar Modi has earned properties in Gujarat and has shares in many companies there and could take shelter in Gujarat any day.
He demanded a probe to unearth properties of Sushil Kumar Modi in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional