Kalam asks Nitish to establish mobile science Labs in Bihar villages
Darbhanga (Bihar): Dwelling on importance of developing scientific outlook among youngsters, former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Monday suggested to the Bihar government to set up mobile science laboratories in villages and science laboratory in every district.
"The value of science has to be propagated to people at large and they should be made to realize the role played by science in their day to day life. Youngsters should be motivated to enquire into science," he said in his inaugural speech at Mega Science Fair here.
Kalam emphasised on establishing science museums and laboratories across the country to remove fear against science from the minds of the children.
Kalam, popularly known as `Missile Man`, referred to his special relationship with Bihar and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who was the chief guest.
"I am very close to Bihar, particularly I have worked with Nitish Kumarji when he was minister of railways and later as Chief Minister of Bihar for the last seven years. He is working for development and bringing peace and prosperity for all the citizens of Bihar," he said.
He said the presence of chief minister was indeed an important message to all the people of rural villages of Bihar that education, particularly science education would reach the unreached.
Non-governmental bodies `Agastya International Foundation` and `Viksit Bharat Foundation` have successfully operated a mobile science Lab during April-July 2010.
Nitish Kumar in his address said science helped fight superstition. He appealed to children to give topmost priority to science in their studies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed