Kalam asks Nitish to establish mobile science Labs in Bihar villages
Darbhanga (Bihar): Dwelling on importance of developing scientific outlook among youngsters, former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Monday suggested to the Bihar government to set up mobile science laboratories in villages and science laboratory in every district.
"The value of science has to be propagated to people at large and they should be made to realize the role played by science in their day to day life. Youngsters should be motivated to enquire into science," he said in his inaugural speech at Mega Science Fair here.
Kalam emphasised on establishing science museums and laboratories across the country to remove fear against science from the minds of the children.
Kalam, popularly known as `Missile Man`, referred to his special relationship with Bihar and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who was the chief guest.
"I am very close to Bihar, particularly I have worked with Nitish Kumarji when he was minister of railways and later as Chief Minister of Bihar for the last seven years. He is working for development and bringing peace and prosperity for all the citizens of Bihar," he said.
He said the presence of chief minister was indeed an important message to all the people of rural villages of Bihar that education, particularly science education would reach the unreached.
Non-governmental bodies `Agastya International Foundation` and `Viksit Bharat Foundation` have successfully operated a mobile science Lab during April-July 2010.
Nitish Kumar in his address said science helped fight superstition. He appealed to children to give topmost priority to science in their studies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore