Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje to open medical camp for animals at Bodhgaya
Palampur: The 17th Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje, would open a 10-day medical camp for animals in Bodhgaya on Friday.
BJP MP and animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi would be the chief guest at the function to be held at the Kagyu Monlam Pavilion of Tergar Monastery in Bodhgaya.
The camp, organised by Kagyupa International Monlam Trust, will be held from January 24 to February 2, with financial assistance from Brigitte Bardot Foundation and technical support from Sikkim Anti-Rabies Animal Health Division of the Government of Sikkim and Tibet Charity Animal Care Centre and Dharamsala Animal Rescue organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened