Lalu appears in fodder scam case
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday
appeared in the court of Special CBI Court in Patna in connection
with a multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Prasad, accompanied by his lawyer C R Sinha, went to the
civil court from his residence here and appeared before the
designated CBI judge, B K Jain.
The CBI court had earlier ordered appearance of all the
accused persons for facilitating hearing of their respective
discharge petition in the case.
Prasad too had filed a petition seeking to get
exonerated of all the charges of conspiracy against him in the
His lawyer C R Sinha described it as a routine
The case relates to fraudulent and forged withdrawals of
more than Rs 47 lakh from Bhagalpur treasury in Bihar when
Prasad was Chief Minister in 1996.
Former RJD MP’s, R K Rana and Vidya Sagar Nishadh, also
appeared in the court in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad