Lalu appears in fodder scam case
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday
appeared in the court of Special CBI Court in Patna in connection
with a multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Prasad, accompanied by his lawyer C R Sinha, went to the
civil court from his residence here and appeared before the
designated CBI judge, B K Jain.
The CBI court had earlier ordered appearance of all the
accused persons for facilitating hearing of their respective
discharge petition in the case.
Prasad too had filed a petition seeking to get
exonerated of all the charges of conspiracy against him in the
His lawyer C R Sinha described it as a routine
The case relates to fraudulent and forged withdrawals of
more than Rs 47 lakh from Bhagalpur treasury in Bihar when
Prasad was Chief Minister in 1996.
Former RJD MP’s, R K Rana and Vidya Sagar Nishadh, also
appeared in the court in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway