Lalu appears in fodder scam case
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday
appeared in the court of Special CBI Court in Patna in connection
with a multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Prasad, accompanied by his lawyer C R Sinha, went to the
civil court from his residence here and appeared before the
designated CBI judge, B K Jain.
The CBI court had earlier ordered appearance of all the
accused persons for facilitating hearing of their respective
discharge petition in the case.
Prasad too had filed a petition seeking to get
exonerated of all the charges of conspiracy against him in the
His lawyer C R Sinha described it as a routine
The case relates to fraudulent and forged withdrawals of
more than Rs 47 lakh from Bhagalpur treasury in Bihar when
Prasad was Chief Minister in 1996.
Former RJD MP’s, R K Rana and Vidya Sagar Nishadh, also
appeared in the court in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH