Lalu attacks Nitish on minority issue
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday criticised the Nitish Kumar government for allegedly rising incidents of atrocities against the minorities in Bihar.
"There have been a spate in atrocities on the minorities in Bihar during the NDA rule, be it the death of four muslims in police firing in Forbesganj last year or custodial deaths of minority youths," he said at a function held in the RJD office to celebrate its 16th foundation day.
"A number of Muslim youths have been arrested from Madhubani, Darbhanga and Kishanganj district on fabricated terror charges by the security agencies and the police of other states," Prasad said and charged the chief minister with doing little to take up the cases of these innocent youths, barring mild protests.
"It appears that there is a sinister conspiracy to bring disrepute to Madhubani, Darbhanga and Kishanganj districts as terror hubs like Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh," the RJD leader said.
Prasad alleged that the chief minister was also trying to break his party by wooing a number of its leaders into JD(U) and took the names of the former ministers Shakil Ahmed Khan and Vakil Saheb Khan.
The RJD supremo also dwelt on his party`s strategy for revival ahead of 2014 parliamentary polls and the Bihar assembly polls a year later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch