Lalu attacks Nitish on minority issue
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday criticised the Nitish Kumar government for allegedly rising incidents of atrocities against the minorities in Bihar.
"There have been a spate in atrocities on the minorities in Bihar during the NDA rule, be it the death of four muslims in police firing in Forbesganj last year or custodial deaths of minority youths," he said at a function held in the RJD office to celebrate its 16th foundation day.
"A number of Muslim youths have been arrested from Madhubani, Darbhanga and Kishanganj district on fabricated terror charges by the security agencies and the police of other states," Prasad said and charged the chief minister with doing little to take up the cases of these innocent youths, barring mild protests.
"It appears that there is a sinister conspiracy to bring disrepute to Madhubani, Darbhanga and Kishanganj districts as terror hubs like Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh," the RJD leader said.
Prasad alleged that the chief minister was also trying to break his party by wooing a number of its leaders into JD(U) and took the names of the former ministers Shakil Ahmed Khan and Vakil Saheb Khan.
The RJD supremo also dwelt on his party`s strategy for revival ahead of 2014 parliamentary polls and the Bihar assembly polls a year later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police