Lalu takes dig at Nitish for praising Modi
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Tuesday joined the BJP in taunting Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi ten years ago and exhorting him to play a national role.
"How will you (Kumar) explain your unadulterated praise for the Gujarat Chief Minister as contained in the CD being played out by the electronic news channels? Does protocol require a visiting Central minister to exhort a state chief minister to play national role?" Prasad asked while grinning with joy at the consternation of the Chief Minister.
"Have you eulogised any other chief minister in such a manner and asked him/her to play a national role?" he asked
Apparently unable to hide his glee at the Chief Minister`s embarrassment after the CDs showing him effusively praising Modi were played out by the electronic news channels two days ago, Prasad slammed the former for seeking refuge in the garb of protocol to defend his praise of the Gujarat CM.
Charging Kumar with parting ways with the BJP to woo Muslim voters in Bihar during the next general elections, the RJD supremo claimed that the former stood thoroughly exposed for claiming `secular` image after enjoying fruits of power with the BJP for the past 17 years.
Yadav charged the Chief Minister of walking out of the NDA on the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate issue at the behest of LK Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state