Left activists stage demonstration against price rice
Patna: Hundreds of activists of Left
Coordination Committee -- CPI, CPI-M, Forward Bloc and
Revolutionary Socialist Party (RCP) today staged sit-in
demonstration in front of the state assembly near R-block
roundabout here to protest against alleged skyrocketing of
prices of essential commodities.
Shouting anti-government slogans, the activists of the
left parties from different parts of the state assembled at
the roundabout and held a day-long demonstration.
Accusing the Centre and state government for being
responsible for price rise, they demanded immediate steps to
check skyrocketing of prices of essential commodities,
ensuring food security for the common people and
implementation of land reforms measures suggested by the D
Bandopadhyay Commission in Bihar.
The party leaders also called for taking steps for
finding a long-standing solution to the floods and drought in
The Left Coordination committee convenor Jalaluddin
Ansari, state CPI secretary Badrinaraian Lal, his CPI-M
counterpart Vijaykant Thakur, All India Forward Bloc leader
Wakil Thakur and Revolutionary Socialist Party leader Mahesh
Prasad Sinha addressed the party workers on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves