LJP favours early election in Jharkhand
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party President Ram Vilas Paswan Friday said President`s Rule in Jharkhand was a temporary solution and elections were the only way out if no party or combination was able to form a government soon.
"President`s rule is just a temporary solution. If there is a chance for formation of a government, it`s okay; otherwise, elections should be held in the state," Paswan said.
Paswan said it had been thought that development would take place in the state under tribal chief ministers but it proved otherwise.
The former union minister disagreed with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s suggestion that increase by at least 150 seats in Jharkhand Assembly could put a lid on the continued political uncertainty.
"That is wrong (suggestion). Now the state has parties like JMM, Congress, RJD, BJP and Ajsu. But increase in the house strength would lead to more instability as smaller parties would mushroom, persisting the problem," Paswan, who is amidst Bihar Bachao Yatra, claimed.
He cited how political stability was there in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh despite having lesser number of assembly seats.
Besides the JD(U), almost all major parties in Jharkhand have been demanding increase in the house strength, which they think would stop political instability.
Even unanimous resolutions had been passed twice by Jharkhand assembly seeking to double the present 81-member elected house.
The eighth government headed by BJP`s Arjun Munda fell on January 8 after the JMM withdrew its support, inviting the ensuing President`s rule for the third time.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday