LJP favours early election in Jharkhand
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party President Ram Vilas Paswan Friday said President`s Rule in Jharkhand was a temporary solution and elections were the only way out if no party or combination was able to form a government soon.
"President`s rule is just a temporary solution. If there is a chance for formation of a government, it`s okay; otherwise, elections should be held in the state," Paswan said.
Paswan said it had been thought that development would take place in the state under tribal chief ministers but it proved otherwise.
The former union minister disagreed with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s suggestion that increase by at least 150 seats in Jharkhand Assembly could put a lid on the continued political uncertainty.
"That is wrong (suggestion). Now the state has parties like JMM, Congress, RJD, BJP and Ajsu. But increase in the house strength would lead to more instability as smaller parties would mushroom, persisting the problem," Paswan, who is amidst Bihar Bachao Yatra, claimed.
He cited how political stability was there in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh despite having lesser number of assembly seats.
Besides the JD(U), almost all major parties in Jharkhand have been demanding increase in the house strength, which they think would stop political instability.
Even unanimous resolutions had been passed twice by Jharkhand assembly seeking to double the present 81-member elected house.
The eighth government headed by BJP`s Arjun Munda fell on January 8 after the JMM withdrew its support, inviting the ensuing President`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17