LJP favours early election in Jharkhand
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party President Ram Vilas Paswan Friday said President`s Rule in Jharkhand was a temporary solution and elections were the only way out if no party or combination was able to form a government soon.
"President`s rule is just a temporary solution. If there is a chance for formation of a government, it`s okay; otherwise, elections should be held in the state," Paswan said.
Paswan said it had been thought that development would take place in the state under tribal chief ministers but it proved otherwise.
The former union minister disagreed with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s suggestion that increase by at least 150 seats in Jharkhand Assembly could put a lid on the continued political uncertainty.
"That is wrong (suggestion). Now the state has parties like JMM, Congress, RJD, BJP and Ajsu. But increase in the house strength would lead to more instability as smaller parties would mushroom, persisting the problem," Paswan, who is amidst Bihar Bachao Yatra, claimed.
He cited how political stability was there in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh despite having lesser number of assembly seats.
Besides the JD(U), almost all major parties in Jharkhand have been demanding increase in the house strength, which they think would stop political instability.
Even unanimous resolutions had been passed twice by Jharkhand assembly seeking to double the present 81-member elected house.
The eighth government headed by BJP`s Arjun Munda fell on January 8 after the JMM withdrew its support, inviting the ensuing President`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP