LJP favours early election in Jharkhand
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party President Ram Vilas Paswan Friday said President`s Rule in Jharkhand was a temporary solution and elections were the only way out if no party or combination was able to form a government soon.
"President`s rule is just a temporary solution. If there is a chance for formation of a government, it`s okay; otherwise, elections should be held in the state," Paswan said.
Paswan said it had been thought that development would take place in the state under tribal chief ministers but it proved otherwise.
The former union minister disagreed with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s suggestion that increase by at least 150 seats in Jharkhand Assembly could put a lid on the continued political uncertainty.
"That is wrong (suggestion). Now the state has parties like JMM, Congress, RJD, BJP and Ajsu. But increase in the house strength would lead to more instability as smaller parties would mushroom, persisting the problem," Paswan, who is amidst Bihar Bachao Yatra, claimed.
He cited how political stability was there in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh despite having lesser number of assembly seats.
Besides the JD(U), almost all major parties in Jharkhand have been demanding increase in the house strength, which they think would stop political instability.
Even unanimous resolutions had been passed twice by Jharkhand assembly seeking to double the present 81-member elected house.
The eighth government headed by BJP`s Arjun Munda fell on January 8 after the JMM withdrew its support, inviting the ensuing President`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31