Lord Buddha`s seat of enlightenment dazzles with Thai gold
Bodh Gaya: The Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya, declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, shined as its dome was inlaid with 280 kilograms of gold donated by devotees from Thailand.
"Installation of gold donated by Thai devotees is now over. The temple is now complete," said Secretary Mahabodhi Temple, N Dorjee.
The Mahabodhi temple is a sacred place for Buddhists around the world as it is the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.
This temple witnessed a series of low intensity explosions on July 07 this year in which two monks were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital