Lord Buddha`s seat of enlightenment dazzles with Thai gold
Bodh Gaya: The Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya, declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, shined as its dome was inlaid with 280 kilograms of gold donated by devotees from Thailand.
"Installation of gold donated by Thai devotees is now over. The temple is now complete," said Secretary Mahabodhi Temple, N Dorjee.
The Mahabodhi temple is a sacred place for Buddhists around the world as it is the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.
This temple witnessed a series of low intensity explosions on July 07 this year in which two monks were injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan