Lord Buddha`s seat of enlightenment dazzles with Thai gold
Bodh Gaya: The Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya, declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, shined as its dome was inlaid with 280 kilograms of gold donated by devotees from Thailand.
"Installation of gold donated by Thai devotees is now over. The temple is now complete," said Secretary Mahabodhi Temple, N Dorjee.
The Mahabodhi temple is a sacred place for Buddhists around the world as it is the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.
This temple witnessed a series of low intensity explosions on July 07 this year in which two monks were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap