Maoist area commander held in Gaya
Gaya: The police on Friday arrested a CPI
(Maoist) area commander from a village in Bihar`s Gaya district and seized arms and ammunition besides Rs five lakh from his possession.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Maqsoodpur village in the Khikarsarai police station area and arrested Shravan Manjhi.
An amount of Rs five lakh, a country-made pistol, ammunition and a mobile phone were seized from him, SP (city) Baburam said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with three cases of Naxal violence, he said.
Baburam said that the arrested ultra had confessed to his involvement in the crimes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference