Maoist involved in killing of Munger SP arrested
Banka (Bihar): A hardcore Maoist involved in killing of the then Munger Superintendent of Police KC Surendra Babu was arrested on Wednesday from a jungle here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police raided a jungle on the border of Banka and Jhajha and arrested the Maoist Bachandeo Yadav, Banka Superintendent of Police Pushkar Anand told PTI.
The arrested Maoist has admitted his involvement in killing of the then Munger SP K C Surendra Babu in 2005, Anand said.
Naxalites of CPI(Maoist) had set off a landmine killing Police Superintendent Surendra Babu and six other policemen on January 5, 2005 when they were returning from an operation against the outlawed ultra-Leftists.
They had detonated the landmine planted by them through a remote control device when the Gypsy carrying Surendra Babu reached near Gangta (Bhimbandh).
Anand said that the Maoist also admitted his involvement in loot of 5 Insas rifles from Bihar Military Police jawans from near Kajra station in Jehanabad district in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen