Maoists torch vehicles and houses at bridge construction site
Sheohar: Armed Maoists torched five vehicles and houses of labourers at a bridge construction site in a village in Bihar`s Sheohar district, a police officer said on Thursday.
About 40 armed Maoists raided the bridge construction site in Aurmalikana village late last night and torched five vehicles comprising four tractors and a JCB machine, besides two thatched houses of labourers, the Superintendent of Police Himanshu Shankar Trivedi said.
The ultras` attacked properties of the bridge construction company after the contractor refused to pay them levy, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to nab those Maoists involved in arson at the bridge construction site, Trivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read