Maoists torch vehicles and houses at bridge construction site
Sheohar: Armed Maoists torched five vehicles and houses of labourers at a bridge construction site in a village in Bihar`s Sheohar district, a police officer said on Thursday.
About 40 armed Maoists raided the bridge construction site in Aurmalikana village late last night and torched five vehicles comprising four tractors and a JCB machine, besides two thatched houses of labourers, the Superintendent of Police Himanshu Shankar Trivedi said.
The ultras` attacked properties of the bridge construction company after the contractor refused to pay them levy, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to nab those Maoists involved in arson at the bridge construction site, Trivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf