Missionary school girls harassed in train, Bihar CM orders probe
Dhanbad/Patna: A group of girl students of a missionary school in Dhanbad were allegedly harassed and their train seats forcibly occupied by some youths when they were returning from an environmental camp in Patna.
In a complaint lodged with the Dhanbad Railway division of East Central Railway (Hazipur) Monday, a delegation of teachers of Carmel School alleged that unauthorised persons occupied the confirmed berths of 34 of 98 students travelling in the Ganga-Damodar Express on Saturday night.
The delegation, led by the school`s vice-principal Sister Sayrel, alleged that no action was taken when they complained to the GRP of Patna railway station about the matter.
The delegation in a memorandum handed over to the office of the DRM B B Singh alleged that the teachers protested against the unruly behaviour of the youths, but the youths did not pay heed.
Railway Superintendent of Police of Patna Upendra Kumar Sinha said that he had spoken to his Dhanbad counterpart about the incident.
Meanwhile, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has asked additional director general of police (Railway) P N Rai to inquire into the matter.
"It is really an unfortunate incident. I have asked ADG, Railway to inquire into the episode and initiate necessary lawful action," Kumar said at a function.
A large number of youths claiming to be examinees for a railway recruitment test of the East Central Railway at Dhanbad boarded the train from Patna and occupied the reserved seats of the girls.
Meanwhile, sources said that senior rail SP of Patna had informed the Dhanbad railway division that five GRP personnel had been suspended for dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends